Re: [xsl] call-template by default

Subject: Re: [xsl] call-template by default
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 09:31:34 +0000
Hi Eric,

> no, what I mean is say I have named template called "add_format" and
> this template looks at the attributes in the current node and if it
> finds certain attributes like say @color or @font-size, it then
> applies the appropriate attributes to the output tree.
>
> So "add_format" needs be called to run its conditions for each
> element in the input automagically.

Perhaps you could use a different approach to this problem, such as
copying the relevant attributes with xsl:copy-of or using an attribute
set? Or perhaps you'd be better off applying templates to the
attributes rather than calling them - that's about the closest that
XSLT gets to automagical behaviour.

Cheers,

Jeni

---