Re: [xsl] generating broken html?

Subject: Re: [xsl] generating broken html?
From: Francis Norton <francis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 13:57:17 +0000
Thanks to you and Mike, I now understand what's happening.

Tidy generates xml with a default namespace -

saxon recognises this as html and does the right thing, but msxsl thinks it's just another xml grammar and generates xml style output for it. Once I got rid of the namespace declaration msxsl.exe now generates good html with, as Mike predicted, rather less pretty formatting.

Thanks again guys - you wouldn't believe how frustrated I was getting!

Francis.

David Carlisle wrote:

] <div class="titlebar" id="titlebar"/>

If a system is using the XML empty element syntax in the html output
method then that is definitely a bug that should be reported.

If you were using an "identity transform" rather than simply copy-of
you could probably work round it by having templates for those elements
that added some white space inside the element content.

David

_____________________________________________________________________ This message has been checked for all known viruses by Star Internet delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service. For further information visit http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp or alternatively call Star Internet for details on the Virus Scanning Service.