Re: [xsl] Output conditional on preceding nodes.

Subject: Re: [xsl] Output conditional on preceding nodes.
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 17:36:11 +0000
Hi Nick,

> I'm trying to find a way of saying 'output the third paragraph after
> the heading containing the text "foo"' -- to no avail.

It's probably easiest to do this by only selecting that paragraph
rather than (as you are doing currently, it seems) trying to match
only that paragraph.

You can get the h1 whose value is 'Best Section' with:

  h1[. = 'Best Section']

and then get the second following sibling p element from that with:

  h1[. = 'Best Section']/following-sibling::p[2]

If you only apply templates to that p element, then that's the only
output that you'll get.

I hope that helps,

Jeni

---