Re: [xsl] Footnotes, for a learner.

Subject: Re: [xsl] Footnotes, for a learner.
From: David Tolpin <dvd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 04:38:41 +0400 (AMT)
> But I have a problem : I want to insert footnotes in the articles. Using M.
> Kay▓s book, I am able to generate the footnotes at the end of the article.
> But, I really can▓t build the hyperlinks between the notes number (in the
> text) and the specific footnote placed at the end of the article (the
> anchor in html).
>
> My wish (for the New Year) : to find a good working exemple so that I can
> learn and understand how things work (in the xml document and in the xslt
> stylesheet).
>
> I would appreciate a suggestion or two. Maybe a link somewhre (yes, I want
> through the Archive, but I have only found partial info).

Michel,

what you are looking for is not an example on footnotes (which are normally
thought of as placed at the bottom of a page and handled by a renderer) but
a stylesheet that generates a table of contents or an index. The technique
is basically the same.

A good (but really big and complex) example is the set of DocBook stylesheets
by Norman Walsh.

A relevant example from Michael Kay's book is supplied with description of
function 'generate-id()' (first edition of the book, pages 464-466).

David Tolpin
RenderX