[xsl] Ann: Upcoming live, web/CDROM, and audio-over-IP XSLT/XPath/XSLFO training (XSL List)

Subject: [xsl] Ann: Upcoming live, web/CDROM, and audio-over-IP XSLT/XPath/XSLFO training (XSL List)
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 15:48:02 -0500
Please read on if you are interested in XSLT/XPath or XSLFO training:

  (1) - live 3-day and 2-day hands-on courses the week of
        February 18-22, 2002 (at risk; please act soon)
  (2) - web- and CDROM-based 10-week courses starting in both
        February 2002 and March 2002
  (3) - real-time audio-over-IP 3-hour lectures held every month

Thanks!

.................. Ken

(1) To Ottawa-area XML'ers (and those interested in travelling to Ottawa!):

We are again having a 5-day training blitz of two separate hands-on courses: 3 days of XSLT/XPath immediately followed by 2 days of XSLFO during the week of February 18-22, 2002. These complementary courses provide comprehensive coverage over the week.

The course titles are "Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath" and "Practical Formatting Using XSLFO".

Please follow the highlighted link from our home page below for details on early-bird/loyalty pricing and links to the course syllabi and other information. The hands-on exercises use commercial and/or non-commercial tools listed in the syllabi.

These particular deliveries are at risk due to insufficient enrollment to date ... please let us know ASAP (in the next few days) if you or your colleagues are interested, or we may have to postpone the delivery for a number of months. I suppose many travel budgets and training budgets have been poorly affected recently, which unfortunately puts these courses at risk for others.

(2) For those needing hands-on but are unable to travel:

The XSLT/XPath material is being offered over a ten week period in both web-based and CD-based formats through Online-Learning.com starting on each of February 11, 2002 and March 11, 2002 under the title "Practical Guide to XSLT" ... see our delivery calendars linked from our home page noted below

(3) For those needing introductory lectures:

We have four titles being offered every month through the Intellor Group for you to attend from the comfort of your own computer ... see our delivery calendars linked from our home page noted below. These are three-hour live lectures being delivered with real-time audio-over-IP and interactive client software (see screen capture on our web site).

cc:
XSL List
XML-DEV
XML-L
XML-EDI
XSLFO
XSLFO-WWW
xalan-dev
fop-dev
comp.text.xml
microsoft.public.xml
microsoft.public.xsl
OASIS members
IDEA-ICC members

--
Training Blitz: 3-days XSLT/XPath, 2-days XSLFO - Feb 18-22, 2002

G. Ken Holman                mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Crane Softwrights Ltd.         http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                        Definitive XSLT & XPath
ISBN 1-894049-08-X  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-07-1               Practical Formatting Using XSLFO
XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, books(electronic, printed),
articles, training(instructor-live,Internet-live,web/CD,licensed)
Next public training:   2002-01-10,11,16,18,02-11,12,13,15,18,21,
-                                03-11,14,15,18,19,04-08,09,10,12