Re: XPath's role (Was: Re: [xsl] Re: . in for)

Subject: Re: XPath's role (Was: Re: [xsl] Re: . in for)
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 15:54:39 GMT
Mike

  <xsl:variable name="emps"
    select="//employee[some $d in $departments satisfies lower-case(./@dept) =

which reminds me, why is that $d and not d ?

I always thought that the name of the variable was a Qname, and that the
$ syntax referenced the _value_ of the variable.
(note it is name="emps" not name="$emps")

in
  some $d
(and all the other similar new binding constructs in xpath2)
the token in that position is binding a variable name, not referencing
the value of a variable, so why does it have $?

David