Re: [xsl] Content constructors and sequences

Subject: Re: [xsl] Content constructors and sequences
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 15:57:23 GMT
> Possibly - can you think of some examples where you
> need to access a namespace node given you have access to a QName?)

does the qname also have the prefix? in xpath 1 name() ise defined in
terms of finding a namespace node in scope and getting the prefix from
there...

> That would force people
> to use element node 'holders' for them instead.
but that means you can construct sequences of anything except
attributes, which seems a bit odd.

> Third, you could change the data model so that the namespaces
> accessor on attribute nodes returned a sequence of in-scope namespaces
> for that attribute. That would be a departure from the XML Infoset,
> though.

Yes that occurred to me as well. I suspect that would be the most
natural thing to do, although you'd still have to adjust the
xpath2 namepsace nodes shared at the document level, I think.

David