Re: [xsl] XPath expression to derive list of distinct element names

Subject: Re: [xsl] XPath expression to derive list of distinct element names
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 11:28:07 GMT

doesn't
  select="$x//*[not(following::*[name()=name(current())])]"
select all the element nodes in $x that are the last occurrence of an
  element of that name?

David

   I don't think it can be done in XPath 1.0. The "implicit existential equals" in XPath works only on node-sets, so it's only useful for eliminating nodes that have duplicate string-values, not duplicate values of some other function such as name().

   Mike Kay