Re: [xsl] use cases for d-o-e

Subject: Re: [xsl] use cases for d-o-e
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 09:42:12 GMT
> I was also under the impression, probably mistaken, that entities can also
> cut processing time. especially in the case of:

Normally I'd have thought it increases it. Yo uhave to read the dtd to
find the definitions and replace them, which is extra work and it
doesn't really save much. (Mozilla doesn't read dtd's at all to save
processing time)

Especially in a namespace world (except in the evil empire) you can't
really even store the entity definitions "ready parsed" as the
definitions may contain namespace prefixes the meaning of which will
depend on where the entity is used. So effectively you have to reparse
the definition each time its used.

David