Re: Regular expression functions (Was: Re: [xsl] comments on December F&O draft)

Subject: Re: Regular expression functions (Was: Re: [xsl] comments on December F&O draft)
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 14:48:43 +0000
David,

>> I think a lot of this could be refined, but that as a general approach
>> it might be feasible. Any thoughts?
>
> yes this is sort of more like I had in mind

Oh well good. Are you ready to write up a proposal now?

Cool. The one thing about your example that it would have some trouble
with is handling the \frac{...}{...} construction, I think - you'd
have to go through some intermediate grouping stage to merge any
string that started with { with its preceding string (this is
difficult because you can't get hold of preceding items in a
sequence).

Cheers,

Jeni

---