[xsl] xslt extensions - whats it about?

Subject: [xsl] xslt extensions - whats it about?
From: "peter gibbons" <peter_gibbons@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 14:04:10 +0000
Hello there,
I'm using sabcmd as my xslt engine. I'm interested in finding out the best use for extensions, i.e. when should I be using them?

for instance if I wanted a timestamp from an operating system - could I retrieve it from an extension, is this a typical use for an extension.

any examples of how to call the extension and how to program the extension would be really helpful. I have found basic info on how to call the extension but very little data of what the extensions should consist of. I should state that i am a perl programmer, so if an extension could exist in perl that would benefit me.

many thanks
Peter