[xsl] cascading tags

Subject: [xsl] cascading tags
From: "Andreas Putscher" <andreasputscher@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 10:13:44 +0100
Hi everybody,
I am a newbie in XSLT.
The following is my problem:

I have an XML inputfile that I want to transform into another XML file:

a scratch of the inputfile:

<bulletlist>
    <item>there are two different levels of compliance for XML documents:
         <numberedlist>
              <item>the well-formedness of an XML document</item>
              <item>the validityof an XML document</item>
         </numberedlist>
    </item>
</bulletlist>

I would like to transform this file into:

If I use the following transformation codes

<xsl:template match="bulletlist/item">
  <xsl:apply-templates/></p>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="numberedlist/item">
select="text()" /></p>
  <xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

I get

which is an invalid document.
How do I have to change my statement, so that it works.

Thanks for your help,
  Andreas