[xsl] Caching XML document as a string...

Subject: [xsl] Caching XML document as a string...
From: "Seema R" <seema.r@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 17:51:18 +0530
Hi,

Here is the scenario.
I have a search request XML file document that is transformed with the
resultant XSL.
It reads as :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<reportroot>
	<message>
		<messageid/>
		<messagedesc/>
	</message>
	<facility/>
	<patientinfo>
		<name>Andy Smith</name>
		<age>34</age>
		<gender>Male</gender>
		<dob>20-04-1968</dob>
		<location>Cardiology</location>
		<homephone>222-222-2222</homephone>
	</patientinfo>
	<reporttyperoot>
		<reporttype>
			<reporttypeid>1</reporttypeid>
			<reporttypename>Laboratory</reporttypename>
			<selectedtype></selectedtype>
		</reporttype>
		<reporttype>
			<reporttypeid>2</reporttypeid>
			<reporttypename>Radiology</reporttypename>
			<selectedtype></selectedtype>
		</reporttype>
	</reporttyperoot>
	<reportlistroot>
		<reportlist>
			<reportname>CBC WITH AUTO DIFF</reportname>
			<priority>STATONE</priority>
			<date>02/02/1997</date>
			<time>06.35 AM</time>
			<regno>246802</regno>
			<resulttype>Laboratory</resulttype>
			<reportid></reportid>
		</reportlist>
		<reportlist>
			<reportname>PROTIME WITH INR</reportname>
			<priority>STATTWO</priority>
			<date>03/03/1998</date>
			<time>08.00 PM</time>
			<regno>357901</regno>
			<resulttype>Radiology</resulttype>
			<reportid></reportid>
		</reportlist>
	</reportlistroot>
	<userdetails>
		  <username/>
		  <firstname>Robert Jones</firstname>
		  <lastname></lastname>
		  <usertype />
		  <userpassword />
		  <passwordexpiresin />
		  <accessiblesystems></accessiblesystems>
 	 </userdetails>
</reportroot>

In the XSL file I need to cache this entire XML in a hidden input field as a
single string.
A javascript file will validate against this cached XML string.
The whole idea is this;
I have two search tabs that correspond with two hospitals.
I make a nested search on Tab1
I then go to Tab2 and make yet another nested search.
I hit Tab1 from there and I need to take the User to the nth nested search
page of Tab1 that he had last come up with.
I therefore need this entire XML string to be in a hidden filed so I can
accordingly display the required page using Javascript.

It needs to work both in IE and Netscape.

Help!!!
Seema.