RE: [xsl] Saxon6.0.2: user written extensions

Subject: RE: [xsl] Saxon6.0.2: user written extensions
From: Xiaocun Xu <xiaocunxu@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 12:36:58 -0800 (PST)
Yeah, I would very much wish to upgrade to a newer
release.  But due to we still use Xerces1.2.0 and that
it is incomptiable with newer Saxon (in particular
Saxon6.4.3 which I tried), it would require the
upgrade of Xerces from 1.2.0 to 1.4.4.  Given the
aggressive release schedule we have, we just don't
have the time to do all of these before I implement
this functionality: attribute name mapping.

Unfortunely I no longer can find a full download of
Saxon6.0.2 including documentation.  I was able to dig
out a full download of Saxon5.5.1 and found the
document extensibility.html dated 7/24/00.  Is this
applicable to Saxon6.0.2?  If I go with this approach,
how difficult would it be to migrate to a later Saxon
release such as 7.0?

Besides extension function and template, what other
alternatives I may have?

Much thanks,
Xiaocun