RE: [xsl] output last page number

Subject: RE: [xsl] output last page number
From: "Matthew L. Avizinis" <mla@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 14:45:59 -0500
The idea is to use the same stylesheet for each chapter (since all chapters
have the same format but differing contents) and pass certain information,
such as the chapter number, as parameters to the stylesheet when processed.
So what I need to be able to do is get the last page number from the
previous chapter, add one to it and use it as the  initial-page-number for
the current chapter, then use the last page number from the current to feed
to the next, etc.

I had originally used separate page-sequences to put all the chapters
together in a single pdf, but that made the pdf far too big, and anyhow we
need to be able to use the chapters individually.
thanks much,
Matthew L. Avizinis