[xsl] problem using saxon:function

Subject: [xsl] problem using saxon:function
From: Xiaocun Xu <xiaocunxu@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 08:51:58 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

  I am having problem using saxon:function().  I just
copy and pasted the example from saxon:function() into
my stylesheet see if it compiles ok, I got the
attached ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException.  I searched
the xsl-list archive and the internet, could not find
any reference to this, anyone know what I did wrong?
BTW, I am using Saxon6.0.2 with JDK1.3.1.

Much thanks,
Xiaocun

XSL:
<xsl:stylesheet
version="1.0"
    xmlns:saxon="http://icl.com/saxon";
    extension-element-prefixes="saxon">

<saxon:function name="my:initial">
    <xsl:param name="size"/>
    <saxon:return select="substring(.,1,$size)"/>
</saxon:function>

Exception:
        at
com.icl.saxon.om.NamePool.getPrefixFromNamespaceCode(NamePool.java:65
5)
        at
com.icl.saxon.tree.ElementWithAttributes.getURICodeForPrefixCode(Elem
entWithAttributes.java:91)
        at
com.icl.saxon.tree.ElementWithAttributes.getURICodeForPrefixCode(Elem
entWithAttributes.java:93)
        at
com.icl.saxon.tree.ElementWithAttributes.getURICodeForPrefix(ElementW
ithAttributes.java:75)
        at
com.icl.saxon.tree.ElementImpl.makeNameCode(ElementImpl.java:173)
        at
com.icl.saxon.style.SAXONFunction.prepareAttributes(SAXONFunction.jav
a:39)
        at
com.icl.saxon.style.StyleElement.processAttributes(StyleElement.java:
136)
        at
com.icl.saxon.style.StyleElement.processAllAttributes(StyleElement.ja
va:119)
        at
com.icl.saxon.style.XSLStyleSheet.processAllAttributes(XSLStyleSheet.
java:390)
        at
com.icl.saxon.style.XSLStyleSheet.preprocess(XSLStyleSheet.java:314)
        at
com.icl.saxon.PreparedStyleSheet.setStyleSheetDocument(PreparedStyleS
heet.java:169)
        at
com.icl.saxon.PreparedStyleSheet.prepare(PreparedStyleSheet.java:137)

        at
com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet.doMain(StyleSheet.java:330)
        at
com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet.main(StyleSheet.java:76)