Re: [xsl] [Fwd: %20 in href attribute]

Subject: Re: [xsl] [Fwd: %20 in href attribute]
From: "Thomas B. Passin" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 16:27:21 -0500
The version with "%20" is correct and the version with spaces is incorrect -
spaces are not allowed in UR:s and must be encoded to %20.  Microsoft
browsers will accept spaces anyway and (I presume) translate them to the
correct forms.

If you have a server that responds to a url with a space, and does not
respond to the same url with the space replaced by "%20", that server has a
bug.

You could process the url value before use to get rid of the "%20" and
replace them by spaces, but it would be clumsy and perhaps the html output
method of your processor would put it back anyway.

My copy of msxml3 does not substitute spaces in hrefs with "%20" even with
html output method in effect, but my copy of Saxon does.

Cheers,

Tom P

[Yan Yi Huang]

http://www.state.ma.us/dhcd/components/dns/HtOHA.htm#About%20Our%20Programs