Re: [xsl] page-number-citation

Subject: Re: [xsl] page-number-citation
From: "W. Eliot Kimber" <eliot@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 11:01:31 -0600
"G. Ken Holman" wrote:

> At 2002-01-29 14:53 +0000, DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >Would someone confirm please, its not possible
> >to generate an index of the form
> >
> ><fo:block> index entry <fo:page-number-citation ref-id="abd"/>,
> >         <fo:page-number-citation ref-id="abd"/>
> ></fo:block>
> >
> >Such that repeated page-numbers are not duplicated?
>
> Yes, this is not possible in XSLFO 1.0.

Has anyone approached this problem using extension functions? That would
be my first approach as I have a requirement to keep the overall
production process as simple as possible.

BTW, for doing page ranges in indexes, you can use use specialized index
markup. In the old IBM BookMaster product we had specific index marker
tags for defining a page range (e.g., <index-range-start
end="range-end-id">apple</index-range-start> ... <index-range-end
id="range-end-id/>).

Cheers,

Eliot
ISOGEN International, LLC