[xsl] Re: XSL-List Digest V4 #61

Subject: [xsl] Re: XSL-List Digest V4 #61
From: Matthew Braun <mbraun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 19:33:08 CST
>yan bai <bytj@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>While I am running FOP on my windows beautifully, I wonder how to
>install it onto a unix server (I am new to unix).  I use gunzip/tar
>to decompress the Fop-0.20.3rc-bin.tar.gz onto the Solaris server.  I
>run the command like this as I did under windows: fop -xml
>source_data.xml -xsl trans.xsl -pdf result.pdf
>
>The error message said "fop: not found".

You want to execute the shell script "fop.sh", not fop.  You can either
rename it to be fop ("mv fop.sh fop") or create a link to it
("ln -s fop.sh fop").

You will also need to either:

1) give an absolute path to the fop script, i.e. invoke it like this:
     /path/to/Fop-0.20.3rc/fop -xml source_data.xml -xsl trans.xsl -pdf
or
2) make sure that the directory containing the fop script is in your PATH
like so:

(If you'r using one of /bin/sh, /bin/ksh, or /bin/bash:)
	  PATH=$PATH:/path/to/Fop-0.20.3rc
	  export PATH
or C-shell
	  setenv PATH $PATH:/path/to/Fop-0.20.3rc

Then you should be able to simply say:
     fop -xml source_data.xml -xsl trans.xsl -pdf

fop.sh may also require that you set other environment variables, such
as JAVA_HOME, which should point to your java installation, and FOP_HOME,
which should point to /path/to/Fop-0.20.3rc.  However, I wouldn't set these
unless the script tells you that it can't find java or fop.

					m@

+-mbraun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx+- I was chasin' a ghost pale and white-----------+
|   Matt Braun -- Motorola, |    and hard to see;  The boys in blue from      |
|  Urbana, IL Design Centre |  Peculiar School are hangin' out in the dark    |
+Cellular Subscriber Sector-+--- and they're lookin' for me. ------------[SR]-+