RE: [xsl] generate xsl 1.0 from 2.0 question

Subject: RE: [xsl] generate xsl 1.0 from 2.0 question
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 18:52:04 -0000

No. We basically haven't done anything that makes XSLT more dynamic (or
"reflexive") than it is an 1.0. There's been a lot of debate about an
evaluate() function, and some debate about dynamic names in call-template
and modes in apply-templates, and on the whole, there's a lot of resistance
from some implementors to moving in this direction because it greatly limits
the analysis you can do statically.

If you have comments on this, xsl-editors@xxxxxx is the place...

Mike Kay