[xsl] Javascript inside XSL(Just when I think I understand)

Subject: [xsl] Javascript inside XSL(Just when I think I understand)
From: "Gene LaCava" <e.f.lacava@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:25:23 -0500
I have added some javascript inside my XSL file because I'm doing some pull
down menus.  As soon as I added the script I got the following error message

Error loading XSL Document :
----------------------------
Error Code : -1072896766
Reason : A string literal was expected, but no opening quote character was
found.

I know the XSL File and Jscript work because they work perfectly in test
programs Ive writtent, now I'm trying to bring them together.  Anyone have
any ideas ?

Thank You
<?xml version="1.0"  ?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:output method="html" />
<xsl:variable name="hours" select="document('DeptHours.xml')"/>
<xsl:param name="id"/>
<xsl:template match="dataroot">

<HTML>
<script language="JavaScript1.2">
<!--
var aname='pull';
var NS4 = (document.layers) ? 1 : 0;
var IE = (document.all) ? 1 : 0;
var DOM = (parseInt(navigator.appVersion) >=5) ? 1 : 0;
var MAC = ((navigator.appVersion.indexOf("PPC") >0) ||
(navigator.appVersion.indexOf("Mac") >0)) ? 1 : 0;

//global nav
 function ShowLayer(){return};
 function OutLayer(){return};
if (document.layers) {
  appVer = navigator.appVersion.substring(0,4);
  if (appVer < 4.06) NS4 = 0;
}
if (NS4 || IE || DOM) globalPulldown = 1;
if (!globalPulldown) event = null;
//-->
</script>