FW: [xsl] Need 3 good reasons why XSLT is better than JSP+Velocit y

Subject: FW: [xsl] Need 3 good reasons why XSLT is better than JSP+Velocit y
From: Joshua.Kuswadi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:27:04 +1100
Hi Rob,

> > <opinion type="personal">I expect JSP to be more prevalent than
> XSLT</opinion>
>
> whoa nelly! I would take a bet on that!
>
> I know that McGraw Hill and Pearson plc are standardizing on XML/XSL.
> Between these two they own most publishers out there. If you
> do content
> based stuff, then you would serve your interests MUCH better
> if you knew
> XSL.

I guess that as part of a finance company using a web site for transactions, the developers around here love Java and need to implement a lot of business logic. I had to introduce XML/XSLT for presentation.

Thinking about publishers, I'm sure that XSLT is the best solution, as it deals with directly presenting data.

Which leads me to a change in my opinion about this whole thread. Use the best technology solution for the current problem. As I stated in a different email, given our requirements, that resulted in a hybrid solution.

Sorry Rob, no bet. ;-)

Joshua

This message and any attachment is confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  If you have received it by mistake please let us know by reply and then delete it from your system; you should not copy the message or disclose its contents to anyone.