RE: [xsl] Namespace wildcards

Subject: RE: [xsl] Namespace wildcards
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 14:19:07 -0000

I agree it's open to misuse, but there are cases where it is genuinely
useful. I've heard of a number of cases (though I can't cite them) where
people have used different namespaces to represent versions or variants of
an XML vocabulary, but where the variants are sufficiently close to make it
possible to write stylesheets that can handle all of them.

Mike Kay