RE: [xsl] for-each over variable problem

Subject: RE: [xsl] for-each over variable problem
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 18:30:51 -0000
> I am trying to iterate over a variable using for-each, and I
> am getting
> errors with majority of parsers :-(.
> The only one working is Sablotron (I am using cooktop, to
> test which engine works).

XSLT 1.0 doesn't allow you to use a result-tree-fragment in a path
expression. Most processors provide an xx:node-set() extension function to
get round the problem.

> In Michael Kay's book is example like this on p.343, but id
> does not work
> here. Any idea why?

As the preceding text on p 342 explains, this example shows how it is done
with XSLT 1.1, which unfortunately never made it past WD status and
therefore was not widely implemented. The example will work as written with
Saxon if the stylesheet specifies version="1.1".

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx