[xsl] Re: Xselerator

Subject: [xsl] Re: Xselerator
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 05:33:26 -0800 (PST)
Agnes kielen <a dot kielen at home dot nl> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> A question. At this moment I'm looking for a good XSLT-editor. I've a
> tryal
> version of XSelerator. I'm wondering are there other people with
> experiences with this product. What were the advantages and wat het
> disadvantages?
>
> Any comment will be most welcome.

Hi Agnes,

I am a happy owner of the Xselerator and have been using it for a long
time. It is not just a XSLT editor (e.g. it has a powerful XSLT
Debugger, an XPath query builder, various wizards and Snippets Manager,
works with many XSLT processors, has a project approach to xslt
development, ... etc.), but a complete interactive development
environment (IDE) for XSLT programming.

I have used other products as well and I find Xselerator's user
interface, ease of use and functionality superior.

You can find one of my first feedback about the Xselerator in the
archives of this group:

http://www.biglist.com/cgi-bin/wilma/wilma_hiliter/xsl-list/200107/msg01017.html

One rarely mentioned feature of Xselerator is that it offers a
multitude (more than 100) of examples, snippets, techniques... and a
growing number of template libraries.

Their support is excellent, they usually answer user's questions in the
xsltalk group within hours.

To summarize: Xselerator has saved me many hours. It eliminates the
routine typing and formatting tasks and leaves to the programmer the
one thing that he must do -- the thinking.

It is very natural to recommend Xselerator as ***the*** tool and
programming environment for any xslt programmer -- a beginner or an
expert.

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev.