Re: [xsl] trouble merging an XHTML and XML document into one

Subject: Re: [xsl] trouble merging an XHTML and XML document into one
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 07:36:47 +0000
Hi Bruce,

> I would expect the result to be a new XML file like...
> <NewPage>
>           Bruce
>           <input id="btnDoSomething" type="button" value="Do Something"/>
> <RenderingControl>
>      <ElementToBeChanged>
>           <Name>btnDoSomething</Name>
>           <RenderAs>Read-Only</RenderAs>
>      </ElementToBeChanged>
> </RenderingControl>
> </NewPage>
>
> Instead I get the xml repeated back to me.

Which XML do you get repeated back to you?

I suspect that the problem is in the code that you're using to run the
transformation rather than in the XSLT, which looks just fine assuming
that the parameters are being passed in correctly.

One thing that you might want to check is that the first
transformation, the generation of the XHTML, is actually producing
XHTML - you have an xsl:output element with a method of html, so it
will normally produce (non-well-formed) HTML, but that might not be a
problem if you're storing the result as a DOM.

Try posting the relevant parts of the code that you're using to run
the transformation and we might be able to help further.

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison