Re: [xsl] Q on incremental processing and count()

Subject: Re: [xsl] Q on incremental processing and count()
From: "Joerg Heinicke" <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 22:29:23 +0100
> My problem is the execution speed.
> I have a large table (200 entries) and split them into small tables (per
> table 20 entries, every subtable with the same table header).
> My problem is: The browser gets the result if all 200 entries are
processed in
> the memory! Arrrrgggg...
> But I expected to see the tables as they come out of the database.
> Because for investigating I made it so, that every item needs half a
second
> to be generated.
> I expected to see the first sub table after 20*0.5 seconds, the second
table
> after 2*20*0.5 seconds and so on.
> But actually I see all tables not before 200*0.5 seconds :-(
>
> If I remove the count() and ...following-sibling... I lost my
> table structure but I can see how the values come out as they
> were produced.

I can't imagine that it's because of complex table structure or HTML
rendering. I think it's a problem in the XSL. If you are counting for all
the 200 entries all preceding nodes, it will waste much time. Or are you
using '//' anywhere? Post the important part of the XSL, maybe we can help
you.

Regards,

Joerg