[xsl] dynamic xsl file - ignore if seem before

Subject: [xsl] dynamic xsl file - ignore if seem before
From: "林 子芯" <minikittygo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 16:34:13 +0000
(please ignore if see before, i have posted few hours ago but i keep getting Not sent messages')

Hi
i was wondering can anyone help me on this question? i was wondering whether it is possible to embedded a piece of xsl code into a xhtml file and use such information for transformation later on. e.g. source.xml USES sample.xhtml (contain xsl script) TO TRANSFORM new.xml

if so, can someone tell me how it is done and how is the xslt processor (currently i am using xalan) regonise which is the code needed within the xhtml file to transform the file.

Secondly i would like to hear some advice from everyone to see whether the problem and solution i have is, well firstly valid/feasible and secondly will it work... Please connect me if i am wrong.... the approach i mention above is what i was considering to use to solve my problem...

Firstly an xml file is created which is transfrom into a html file to allow user to read easily. a form is provided within this html page so it allow user to select which piece of information they would like to look into. (this is nothing more than a filtering operation)

I was consider to transfer the value the user inputted into a xpath expression and added onto the existing xsl file. then perform a trnsformation through xalan (using the orginial xml file) to recieve a filtered html results. (please tell whether this is the right approach or not)

The problem lies is that how am i going to use the value inputted by the user to write my xpath expression. i know one way to do is using server side scripts like PHP or ASP. but i was wondering whether there is any client side solution to this probelm? i was thinking to write the user input into an xpath expression on a separate file but that is not permitted using javascript. if anyone has some sort of idea please help me out on this as i am stuck with this problem for some time now.

Many thanks
Regards
kit

_________________________________________________________________ 使用 MSN Messenger 與朋友在線上聊天:http://messenger.microsoft.com/tc。;