[xsl] Re: RE: FXSL -- a functional programming library for XSLT (Was: Re: Re: Structuring Re-useable XSLT Code for HTML)

Subject: [xsl] Re: RE: FXSL -- a functional programming library for XSLT (Was: Re: Re: Structuring Re-useable XSLT Code for HTML)
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 04:40:15 -0800 (PST)
> >This library contains all the functions from the article plus a lot
> >more. Versions of FXSL are available for Saxon, MSXML and Xalan.

> >A brief description of what it contains is available at:

> >http://lambda.weblogs.com/discuss/msgReader$2711#2736

> a little bit earlier in that same thread you mention implementing a
> curry function in xslt, I for one would like to see the
> implementation with examples - how does one keep up with the library?

I'm just writing an article that among other things contains examples
of "currying" and partial applications of functions in XSLT. Hope to
finish it this week, but the publishing process always takes some time.

Would you like me to send you a draft?

> I know it's integrated into xselerator, but is there somewhere one
> can see the newest additions if one doesn't have xselerator?

Integrated does not mean that Xselerator depends on FXSL. The idea is
to provide new (beta) releases of FXSL with every new release of
Xselerator. In this way an enormous user audience would be directly in
touch with the latest library. I am grateful to the developers of
Xselerator, who accepted this idea. Do you propose a better solution?

> perhaps there should be a library of problems solved using the
> library of functions, the functional library is actually a reference
> work that other works can build upon.

This is absolutely correct. A single person cannot do all this in time.
We need a more organised approach. Again, do you have something in
mind?

Cheers,
Dimitre.