Re: [xsl] ?Dataislands?

Subject: Re: [xsl] ?Dataislands?
From: Matt Gushee <mgushee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 19:28:23 -0700
On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 10:48:04AM +1100, Rosa Cheng wrote:

> Thank you for reminding me that this will not work for all browsers.  But I am still keen to know whether you can do such changes to the XML on the client-side instead of running the answers through the server all the time.  Even if this means that I will lose all the answers if something went wrong on the client-side.

If you haven't got a good answer in a day or so, send me an e-mail. I used to
teach XML courses using Microsoft technology, and I think I have some old
demo code that would help answer your question. I would have to look for it.

> The main point is I'm trying to avoid as much client and server transactions as possible. :)

Sure, I think many of us would like to do that. Unfortunately, the
browser makers have done a poor job of implementing the standards that
would support that practice.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA