Re: [xsl] using mode-values within a template

Subject: Re: [xsl] using mode-values within a template
From: Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 16:02:34 +0200
ChivaBaba@xxxxxxx wrote:

thanks for your suggestion to do this by hard-coding the mode name into the templates as a variable like

 <xsl:template match="foo" mode="bar">
     <xsl:variable name="mode" select="'bar'"/>

It's not the most elegant way but it works!
You know, it's kind of reflection, you want to know method signature in the method code, that's why it's not so elegant.

1. How can I select all nodes of a certain type except the one that is used at the moment??

e.g.:
<xsl:for-each select="//project">
<xsl:value-of select="@name"/>
<xsl:value-of select="@version"/>
</a>
&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;
</xsl:for-each>
<xsl:for-each select="//project[count(.|current())!=1]">

I want to create a link for each project in the xml-source except the project I'm currently expanding...maybe it gets simpler, when I tell you, that all the projects are siblings....but I haven't read anything about a general element siblings (only preceding- and following-siblings) in xpath!!
Oh, that's better, try
<xsl:for-each select="preceding-sibling::project | following-sibling::project">

<docu kind="url" loc="internet">
www.gcc.com
</docu>
... my href has the following value:

http://%0A www.gcc.com%0A/

Does anybody know, what I can make better to avoid this rubbish result???

Try to normalize spaces: <xsl:value-of select="normalize-space($online_doc)"/>

--
Oleg Tkachenko
Multiconn International, Israel