From: Robert Koberg <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 09:04:19 -0700
could you do something like:

<xsl:template match="p">

<xsl:choose>
  <xsl:when test=".=''">
     <xsl:text>the text</xsl:text>
  </xsl:when>
  <xsl:otherwise>
     <xsl:apply-templates/>
  </xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:choose>

best,
-Rob

Zack Brown wrote:

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 03:33:52PM +0100, David Carlisle wrote:

I have a bunch of files with the following form:

I think the simplest and most humane approach is to shoot the author of
the documents.

but I'm such a nice guy!! Plus I've learned the error of my ways. Oh, hell, you're right... *BLAM*

However failing that....

This is another case where XSLT2 positional grouping would come in
handy, but to do it in XSLT1, the basic idea is

untested:-)

Weird. I just tested it and it definitely approaches the right thing, although it also approaches several other things that I have yet to understand. Definitely something I can work with, though.

Thanks,
Zack

David