Re: [xsl] Namespace declarations in the Stylsheet element

Subject: Re: [xsl] Namespace declarations in the Stylsheet element
From: Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 18:38:35 +0200
Mia Chase wrote:

I'm just learning XSLT, so forgive me if my question has an obvious answer. I declared a namespace as part of a stylesheet (just as an experiment really):

<xsl:stylesheet xsl:version="1.0"
               mia:version="0.0"
               xmlns:mia="http://www.fooBar.com/mia";

</doc>

The processor adds this namespace to my result document:

<doc xmlns:mia="http://www.fooBar.com/mia";>.../doc

I don't understand why it does this and I haven't been able to find anything in the XSLT spec that explains it.

See http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt.html#section-Creating-the-Result-Tree

"The created element node will also have a copy of the namespace nodes that were present on the element node in the stylesheet tree with the exception of any namespace node whose string-value is the XSLT namespace URI (http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform), a namespace URI declared as an extension namespace (see [14.1 Extension Elements]), or a namespace URI designated as an excluded namespace."

--
Oleg Tkachenko
Multiconn International, Israel