Re: [xsl] Inserting a parent node.

Subject: Re: [xsl] Inserting a parent node.
From: Morten Primdahl <morten@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 10:45:52 +0200
Chuck White wrote:

If you're really just looking to return this,

All you need is this:
<xsl:output encoding="iso-8859-1" omit-xml-declaration="yes" method="xml"/>
<xsl:variable name="content" select="document(group/member/@url)"/>
<xsl:template match="/">
   <xsl:apply-templates select="group"/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="group">
   <xsl:copy>
  <xsl:copy-of select="$content/person"/>
   </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

There are other ways to do it. If you only want the text value of person,
use xsl:value-of, instead.

I hope I'm understanding your desired result properly. If not, my humblest
apologies!

Thanks Chuck. I'm not just very good at explaining what the problem really is ;) But you've given me good pointers for what to look for, I will use those and come up with a solution.

Morten