Re: [xsl] Generate PDF from XML

Subject: Re: [xsl] Generate PDF from XML
From: Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 16:29:48 +0200
Jitender Yadav wrote:
Is there any way of generating a PDF file using the data present in the form of XML, other than using FOP(Formatting Object PDF).
Use another xsl-fo formatter instead of fop, see the list at http://www.w3.org/Style/XSL.

I came to know that FOP is not yet standardized so the code that we write may not work tommorow???
What do you mean? fop supports xsl 1.0 spec, but it's only 0.20.3 version, and therefore still doesn't conform even to basic conformance level. But xsl-fo subset fop supports (and that's enough for many usual tasks) is definitely pure xsl-fo standard compatible and will work tomorrow and probably till xsl 2.0.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
Multiconn International, Israel