[xsl] testing for "other" elements when you dont know the name of the e lements

Subject: [xsl] testing for "other" elements when you dont know the name of the e lements
From: "CROFT, MICHAEL" <MCROFT@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 09:54:52 -0400
I am writing a report, and the users want to see the information in
"business" order.  This order is not represented in the document, and so I
must force certain information to display in order...

Here is an example of how Im forcing the "business" order to be displayed as
the users want to see it...

		<xsl:apply-templates
select="InsClaimsContact[RoleInAccident='Driver' and
ContactRole='Insured']"/>
		<xsl:apply-templates
select="InsClaimsContact[RoleInAccident='Owner/Not Involved' and
ContactRole='Insured']"/>
		<xsl:apply-templates
select="InsClaimsContact[RoleInAccident='Driver' and ContactRole='Cross
Insured']"/>
		<xsl:apply-templates
select="InsClaimsContact[RoleInAccident='Owner/Not Involved' and
ContactRole='Cross Insured']"/>
		<xsl:apply-templates
select="InsClaimsContact[RoleInAccident='Driver' and
ContactRole='Claimant']"/>
		<xsl:apply-templates
select="InsClaimsContact[RoleInAccident='Owner/Not Involved' and
ContactRole='Claimant']"/>
		<xsl:apply-templates
select="InsClaimsContact[RoleInAccident='Driver' and ContactRole='Other']"/>

We are looking at other measures, but there are limitations to creating the
XML  from a Siebel CRM application. For now, this is the only way I can see
to force this order.  My question is: Can I test for any "other" type
scenario?  In other words, looking at the templates above, if the Insurance
Claim Person (InsClaimsContact) is the Driver AND is the Insured, print this
information first; etc, etc.

At the end of these templates, is there a way to say "if not any of these
combinations"  apply some generic template???   I also want to accomplish
this without an extremely long not() statement???  Thanks in advance.

Mike

the sender and postmaster@xxxxxxxxxx