RE: [xsl] Merging two XML files

Subject: RE: [xsl] Merging two XML files
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 15:38:47 +0100
First comment: your code

          <xsl:for-each select="@*">
             <xsl:copy>
                <xsl:value-of select="." />
             </xsl:copy>
          </xsl:for-each>

is just a long-winded way of saying

          <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>

> But what I wanted
> to do is, without any hardcoding, I wanted to get the local-name()
> of the current node, for example "Name", lookup in the Doc.xml
> file, if there is any node with it's name as "Name" and then
> merge. There shouldn't be any sort of hardcoding.

What if there's more than one node in the other document called "Name"?
You are making assumptions that the two documents have similar
structure. If you want a generic solution that makes no assumptions
about the structure of the second document, then you are going to have
to define your merging requirements very carefully.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx