[xsl] transforming to xsl: way to avoid tons of &lt and &gt?

Subject: [xsl] transforming to xsl: way to avoid tons of &lt and &gt?
From: Richard Bondi <rbondi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 15:13:42 -0400
I have to transform to xslfo. That is, I take e.g. test.xml, transform with test.xsl, and the result has to be a new xsl file (test.fo), but full of tags from the xslfo namespace.

So that means lots of xslfo tags in test.xsl; which means -- unless someone knows a way around this -- writing all the tags as e.g. &lt;simple-page-master&gt;. Ugly and tedious. Is there some xsl escape command or something that will allow me to type eg <single-page-master> instead in test.xsl?

Note: in test.fo, I will have eg <single-page-master> instead of <fo:single-page-master>, because I will make the fo namespace the default namespace in test.fo. Just to save more typing; this shouldn't affect my main problem here.

TMIA,
Richard Bondi