RE: [xsl] Repart generation with XSL Stylesheet

Subject: RE: [xsl] Repart generation with XSL Stylesheet
From: "Gertjan Assies" <Gertjan.Assies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 11:49:16 +0200
you dont need to save them.
you let the jsp generate the xml file
parsing it through the stylesheet
and 'out.println' the html it delivers
no files are saved on the server

Gertjan

-----Original Message-----
From: Ranjith Kodikara [mailto:Ranjith@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: dinsdag 2 juli 2002 11:17
To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [xsl] Repart generation with XSL Stylesheet

We are developing a information selling system for a chamber of commerce and
we want to generate reports for user requests. First we let users to select
a query criteria. Then I hope to generate an xml document; which is a jsp
file generated from the database, with xml content type. Then at the moment
my idea is to generate an html document by parsing that xml file via an xsl
stylesheet.
Do you think this method is suitable? Then can I write an xsl stylesheet
with jsp.
If I generate html's with xml files using Xalan , when users are generating
reports doesnt the folder in the web server get filled with html files?

Those are the questions I have. I am considering to do this with xml and
Xalan parser. Pls advice me.

-Ranjith