RE: [xsl] encoding issues

Subject: RE: [xsl] encoding issues
From: "Andrew Welch" <awelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 09:26:08 +0100
>First off try UTF-8 instead of utf-8

Xselerator changes it to lowercase, regardless...

Ive read about how MSXML passes strings around which alter your
encoding, but that outputs utf-8 providing you dont specify utf-8 in
xsl:output (?)  Im using saxon anyway.

...I just dont get it.  The xml specifies utf-8, the xsl specifies utf-8
and has xml output type, the output has an xml declaration specifying
utf-8, and its all run through saxon which defaults to utf-8!  So why
does IE 'autodetect' Western European and not recognise &#160; ??

Am I missing something simple here?

cheers
andrew