[xsl] Sibling text nodes

Subject: [xsl] Sibling text nodes
From: "John R. Daily" <jdaily@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 10:38:13 -0500
Given an XML fragment like:

Before I can finish processing the "inner" element, I need to
examine the next sibling node (following-sibling::*[1]?) to
determine if it is a text node whose contents begin with a
non-whitespace character.

These are the two questions, then:
* Is my next sibling a text node?
* If so, does its content begin with a non-whitespace character?

How can I accomplish this with XPath and XSLT?  I spent a few
hours experimenting with following-sibling to no avail.

Thanks.

An example of XML that should trigger special handling:

<inner>blah</inner>, following text.

XML that should not trigger it:

--
John R. Daily                                        jdaily@xxxxxxxxxxx
Projects Manager                                  Progeny Linux Systems