Re: [xsl] Hierarchy problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] Hierarchy problem
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 12:52:44 +0100
> I'm looking for *immediate* descendent, i

ie child,

that's the one I didn't have a typo in, using / instead of //

> count($x//*|$y) = count($x//*)

> implies that node $y is a member of the set which is all the children of $x?

> Is that right?
No!  If you want child (or as you insist on calling it direct descendent)
then you want to use the child axis not descendent-or-self, so that
would be
count($x/*|$y) = count($x/*)
also y contains a node set of more than one node, in general so you
mean
 the node set y is a subset of ...
not
 the node y is a member of ....