RE: [xsl] Offline glossary using XML

Subject: RE: [xsl] Offline glossary using XML
From: "Andrew Welch" <awelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 09:40:39 +0100
>How do I create code to handle the displaying of the glossary? e.g.
user
>clicks on a letter and only those words starting with that letter are
>displayed; or a person searches for a word by typing it into a box and
it
>hunts through the XML file.

Firstly, write your stylesheets so that they can accepts parameters and
do all the functionality that you need, then...

If you want to go down the html/javascript route:
-look up 'IXSLProcessor' objects (in the msxml4 sdk is ok)

If you go down the java route:
-look up the setParameter() method of the TrAX api

If all this is unfamiliar, then I would recommend getting hold of
Xselerator which allows you to easily add parameters to your stylesheet
for testing before you have to worry about all the other languages

cheers
andrew