Re: [xsl] how to use HTML4 special characters like ·

Subject: Re: [xsl] how to use HTML4 special characters like ·
From: Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 11:07:03 +0200
Thomas Sandor wrote:
hi,

thanks for all of your answers. the " | " issue works great. :)

one more thing to add. I would like to use a middle dot instead of " | ",
but when I add as "&middot;" it fails (of couse, beacuse of the ampersand),

Not because of the ampersand, but because it is a HTML entity, not a XML character reference (it's the same as &nbsp;, for what &#160; must be used in XML). Use &#xB7; (hex) or the correlating dec value instead of &middot;.

Regards,

Joerg

but if I change it to "&ampmiddot;" than the string is shown instead of its
HTML4 meaning.

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks.

Thomas