RE: [xsl] generating entities in XSL, < becomes &lt;

Subject: RE: [xsl] generating entities in XSL, < becomes &lt;
From: Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 11:09:22 +0200
Hi,

> So you are saying that if I make a seperate document with the entities
> and then merge the resulting XML/SVG document with the generated
> entities then it would work?

Why not, though it's not too pretty. Do you control the generation of the SVG document? Could you not generate entity references, but rather use the entity values to generate a full SVG document in the first place. Just concatenating the DTD and XML is not that elegant a solution, but it might work ok. I cleaner way would probably be to generate an external DTD subset (e.g. using XSLT with text output method), and use that in the internal subset of the SVG document - provided the parser you use will use external subsets.

Cheers,

Jarno