RE: [xsl] Disable Output Esacping Problems

Subject: RE: [xsl] Disable Output Esacping Problems
From: "Passin, Tom" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 17:09:13 -0500
[ Schwartz, Rechell R]

> In the first XSLT file I need (or I think I need) to disable
> output esacping because I need to generate non-symmetrical
> XML tags.

Why in the world do you think you need to do this?  At least 999 times
out of 1000 that someone thinks this, there is a better way that does
not require it.  You most likely do not understand your problem in terms
of the tree structure that you need to create.

So please explain further what you actually want to accomplish.

> The disabling of output esacping generates the
> expected output, but the second XSLT file doesn't seem to
> recognize the <TD> and <TR> tags whose output was escaped and
> fails to apply the appropriate styling to these tags.

This could be for any number of reasons but we cannot tell because you
have not provided any information that would help us.  Anyway, there is
no point on working on this second pass until the first one gets
straightened out.

Look for my post on 10-23-2002 with the subject "RE: [xsl] Newbie,
question about looping" for more about how to approach these xslt
problems.

Cheers,

Tom P