RE: [xsl] key(), generate-id question

Subject: RE: [xsl] key(), generate-id question
From: "Américo Albuquerque" <aalbuquerque@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 19:39:37 -0000
Hi Endre.

Yes, they have to be in order, and the elements with no _id have to be
the last ones. Then I simply get the closest node that has an _id.
If they aren't, then you'll have to change the variable 'last' so it
search for the biggest one.
Something like this:
 <xsl:template name="generate-id">
  <xsl:variable name="lastid"> <!-- here we search for the biggest _id
-->
  <xsl:call-template name="biggest"/>
  </xsl:variable>
  <xsl:variable name="last"
select="number(substring-after($lastid,'id'))"/> <!-- this now usea
$lastid -->
  <xsl:variable name="this"
select="count(preceding-sibling::element[not(@_id)])+1"/>
  <xsl:variable name="temp" select="concat('00000',$last+$this)"/>
  <xsl:value-of
select="concat('id',substring($temp,string-length($temp)-5))"/>
 </xsl:template>

 <xsl:template name="biggest">
  <xsl:for-each select="(preceding-sibling::element |
following-sibling::element)[@_id]">
   <xsl:sort select="@_id"/>
   <xsl:if test="position()=last()"> <!-- the one we want will be the
last one -->
   <xsl:value-of select="@_id"/>
   </xsl:if>
  </xsl:for-each>