RE: [xsl] wierd textarea behaviour with xsl

Subject: RE: [xsl] wierd textarea behaviour with xsl
From: TSchutzerWeissmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 15:28:38 -0000
[snip] Man, what a verbose way of having to
> populate a comment
> box.

why not add a space:
<xsl:value-of select="concat(./currentStatus/comment,' ')"/>

I suppose if there was a situation where you didn't want to add an
obligatory space you could put the space or "no comment" or whatever into a
node-set variable, $fallback and do this:

<xsl:value-of select="./currentStatus/comment | $fall-back"/>

which I think would give you the value of the first member of the union of
the two node-sets. That's assuming that the union is ordered.

----
Tom SW