Re: [xsl] monotonous nbsp coding

Subject: Re: [xsl] monotonous nbsp coding
From: Greg Faron <gfaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 10:26:53 -0700
At 05:47 PM 11/13/2002, you wrote:
Greg Faron wrote:
> normalize-space(string-length(.)) = 0

That's a lot of extra work.

That was kinda the point. I was illustrating that there's practically an infinite number of ways to do something, not that they were all equally efficient. I also realized after I posted that I meant to say
"string-length(normalize-space(.)) = 0"
but I'm glad to see from your post that it would work either way. Besides which, isn't this one of those things that the better XSLT engines will optimize to the best form? I also suppose that the "best form" could be XSLT engine-dependent, but probably it is "not(string())".

Greg Faron Integre Technical Publishing Co.