Re: [xsl] unix problems

Subject: Re: [xsl] unix problems
From: Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 22:48:33 +0100
Yes, which version is it? If it is an older one (2.2.x), I will know one more example for conversion problems. You can also force the type conversions:

test="not(boolean(number(string-length($demoValue[@value='valid']))=0))"

But I would use one of the two shorter versions

test="string($demoValue[@value = 'valid'])"
test="normalize-space($demoValue[@value = 'valid'])"

where the first one does the same like yours. The second one removes leading and trailing spaces and reduces multiple spaces to one space (space means all space characters: http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#NT-S). So the difference is only with nodes containing only space characters.

Regards,

Joerg

Laura wrote:
so would this mean that this is a bug in XALAN??